A big part of self-care and self-love is making sure that you protect your peace. Protecting your peace means maintaining a healthy environment for growth and also guarding your state of mind. There are so many distractions and things that happen in the world that can affect how we feel and our state of minds. When we are not at peace mentally and spiritually it can affect our self-love and our productivity. Being busy and productive is not the same thing. Protecting your peace means cultivating a safe space internally and externally where you can be productive rather than just doing things just to do them. In this blog post I am going to give you 5 ways that you can protect your peace.
1) Pay attention to your triggers: Does a specific person always get your blood pressure high? Do certain topics make you angry? Do certain environments make you irritable and crazy? If you feel like watching a certain TV show or hanging around a certain person makes you crazy, it is important to limit your time doing those things or to stay away from it all together. Which leads to my next thing…
2) Letting go of negative people: Are your friends supportive? Are you around people who do nothing but complain? Are you in a relationship with someone who puts you down and doesn’t lift you up? Let go of anybody who is not a positive addition to your life. Life already has it’s ups and downs, so keeping people around who don’t uplift you or only focus on the negative will drain you and mess with your peace. Having the wrong people in your life can actually affect your state of mind and ultimately the direction of your life. Choose your friends/relationships wisely. If the people who are negative are people you must be around or family etc, find a way to limit how much you are around them or find a way to not let that person or situation steal your joy. You can choose to give yourself a time limit on how long you entertain negative conversation, or excuse yourself from a situation.
3) Take a break from social media: Every now and then I take a break from social media. Sometimes we start to compare ourselves to other people’s highlight reels on social media not realizing that anybody can make their lives appear to be a certain way online. Also comparing ourselves or focusing on other people’s lives takes away from the focus we need to have on ourselves and it interferes with our peace; which in turn messes with our productivity and purpose. While social media can be a great tool for sharing positivity and love, it can also take it’s toll. With negative news being spread like wildfire on social media it can have a huge affect on our mental state of mind. I think it is important to know your limits and always take a break so that you can refresh your mind and soul.
4) Take some me time: When I say I love my me time, I am not playing. I am the type of person who loves to hang with friends and family but will need to get alone time after so I can recharge. Take some time away from people and spend some quality time with yourself. Take a bubble bath, take yourself out to eat, binge watch your favorite show, do anything that truly puts you at ease and relaxes your mind.
5) Prioritize: Sometimes we can get so overwhelmed by taking on too many tasks or life obligations can fill our plate and take it’s toll. It’s important to say No sometimes and do one thing at a time. Sometimes, something has to be left for the next day so that you can prevent burnout and protect your peace.
Protecting your peace is so crucial to living a purpose filled and empowered life. Remember to protect your peace like your life depends on it…. because, well, it does.
Thank you for reading! Be sure to share this post!
– Coach Leslie
Share this Post
Join the Self-Love Empowers Family!
Sign-up to get the Weekly Newsletter, Motivation, Blog posts, Advice & More!